- 1 medium red or yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup mung beans (monggo), soaked in 1 cup of water (overnight)
- 1/2 pack of tamarind powder (sinigang mix)
- a bunch of mustard leaves
- 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves
- 4 red chilies
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. salt
- Boil the mung bean, chicken thighs, onion and tomatoes for 25 minutes.
- Add in the tamarind powder and salt.
- Add the mustard leaves and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a no fuss non-greasy soup, perfect for a cold winter evening. If you are busy, and (lazy like me) and you want an instant home-cooked soup to warm you up on a cold evening, this is what you need. Spend merely 5 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes cooking time, you can be in the comfort of your couch doing things that you like while waiting to devour this yummy and healthy soup.